Sunday, February 7, 2010

My landlords have a book

It's a rather normal sized book, of perhaps 150 pages. I have passed by it many times, because it sits on top of of the fireplace. It sounds like a sort of self help book - the title of it translates into "Everything Men Know About Women" so I have never been particularily interested.

For some reason, I decided to pick it up today, probably because I felt like avoiding homework on a Sunday afternoon. The back of the book boasts about how many years of research went into the book, and that this is the first comprehensive book of the subject matter at hand (that is, the female gender). Below that, there are some reviews from some national newspapers. One of these claims that the author of this book should immediately be nominated for the Nobel prize in literature.

I was intrigued, and turned the book back over to its front cover, and flipped to the first page.
It was at this point that I had to sit down due to laughter.

You see, every single page of this book is completely and utterly blank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment